At the origins of the actual monastery site, liesthe oldes catholic church in the town. It is dated back to the 11-12th century and was destroyed during an invasion in the 1241. After few years, between 1260 and 1290 was the actual church built in the tardo-roman style.
Initialy they thought that it was a small parish ocuppied by the Benedettini monarchs until the end fo 1390, then s successively it was extended and built in the gothic style. A monstary was attached to it with the support of Ioan de Hunedoara governor.
Until the end of 1557 until Isabella of Hungary was alive it was transformed into a school. In 1728 the franciscans held an importan restauration campaign, but this time in the baroc style.
Travel guide :
Culture of Cluj:
Monuments and buildings:
The Gallerz of Art :