All hotels in Cluj-Napoca with instant
As an artistic institution dedicated exclusively to concert activities, The Cluj-Napoca Philharmonic was founded through an official decree of Romania’s Council of Ministers, in the autumn of 1955, under the name of “The State Philharmonic Cluj”. At that time, the symphonic orchestra had 75 musicians and the ensemble of traditional music had 20 members.
In 1966, the Chamber Orchestra was founded, under the baton of the well-known Mircea Cristescu. In 1965, the Philharmonic organized the first edition of its own yearly festival, The Cluj Musical Autumn. In 1972, under composer Sigismund Toduţă’s directorship, the Philharmonic’s Choir was founded and trained by the unforgettable Maestro Dorin Pop, followed by his disciples Florentin Mihăescu and Cornel Groza.
Famous guests – such as Sviatoslav Richter, Kurt Masur, Kyril Kondrashin, Stanislaw Wislocky, Jean-Pierre Rampal, Witold Lutoslawsky, Carlo Zecchi, Yannis Xenakis, János Ferencsik, Aldo Ciccolini, Krisztof Penderecky, Michi Inoue, Stefan Anton Reck and many others – have increased the reputation of the Philharmonic on the international musical scene. Many regular tours abroad of the symphonic orchestra and of the choir have confirmed its reputation again and again.
Travel guide :
Culture of Cluj:
Monuments and buildings:
The Gallerz of Art :